Monday, May 6, 2013

Music Genome Project.

For some odd reason, after six years of cool springs while living in California, San Jose is experiencing an extremely warm season {many 80+ degree days in a row} and we're languishing over here.

Here's a side-by-side comparison in case you were wondering.
We're supposed to be beating San Jose at this point.

A couple of things I think are funny about the above image:

- DC is SO much hotter than San Jose, hands down, but because of the averages San Jose comes out on top.

- This is the coolest feature on weather.com but it's way under-rated as its hidden in the wedding planning feature.

In some positive, more interesting news.

1} I made an Iowa Girl Eats recipe tonight that doubled as a fridge-emptier.
Behold: Quinoa Cups.
I threw in some left over sausage and kale for half of the batch and then basil with mozzarella {we ran out of tomatoes} for the rest. And my cupcake pan is pitiful and not very prolific so I augmented my baking ware with some individual lasagne dishes.

I'm pleased with how they turned out. I'd read about these in various different places as a good way to use-up what have you and they were as easy as I'd heard; huzzah!

2} I have a Brooks & Dunn station on Pandora right now.
Apart from this Kenny Chesney song that makes me cry each time I hear it, my man Toby has been on the playlist and ohmygoodnessgracious his voice is an elixir and has been since I was 15. Oooooooooh I love the sound of that man.

3} I'm re-embracing my country side. It's been a part of me for over half my life but it gets tamped down quite successfully what with no one else around me liking it.

4} I finally updated my phone and computer software and unloaded all of the phone pictures I had taken since March. There were a lot of pink blossoms in there.

5} Not to dwell on the weather {I'm really not in this one} but I just loved the way the forecast was worded on the radio today: temperatures have been stranded in the mid-sixties today.

What's up in your corner of the world? Is it still breezy? Are you enjoying one of my favorite months too?
xoxo, natty ♥ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment