Friday, July 2, 2010

Of tie-dyeing,l and other musings.

"D" is for "done"! Summer school ended yesterday with some psychedelic swirls of color. The kids were cute and we had our little art show. I kind of lazed around all day and didn't clean or organize or anything, nor did I run, which was supposed to happen. I chalk this all up as "OK" though considering all that we did this week. I deposited our friends at the airport after class and we said our goodbyes. M and I will surely be planning a visit to their neck of the woods soon.

I met M downtown at his job and we got a bite at Santé Grill (good "healthy" fries) and then we ended up walking around Music in the Park to check out the tunes and the plethora of humanity that shows up. It was very good people watching, if a bit breezy and cool for the first day of July (my 2nd favorite month). We got frozen yogurt and headed home for some CSI and bed, which was lovely. 

This morning M watched Brazil lose and I slept and then dropped him off at work. The dog seems pretty depressed right now, maybe about all of the confusion but more likely because I'm currently the only one in the house with him. I'll be working on all that cleaning, etc., today and then we're going to a co worker's happy hour tonight at her parents' house. I'm pretty excited since we'll be able to ride our bikes; this will be my third trip, the second being last Monday when I got my flat (which was thankfully at school) and walked to the apartment and then rode it to memaw's to get M's car. 

Here are some pics from yesterday's art show and tie-dyeing about which I had more excitement than any of the students and then some shots of our new abode, backyard style; there was a very pretty rust colored dragon fly hanging out all day! Also, check out this link if you want to read about something grossly (emphasis on "grossly") fascinating =) Happy Friday all!


Photobucket Photobucket  
Photobucket
Some of my students' artwork, about which I am quite proud. The first two are collages to represent a political issue that they feel strongly about (the environment and gay rights, respectively) ad the last is a painting to represent their cultural heritage...awesome job guys!

Photobucket Photobucket  
Photobucket
Rit fabric dye, both liquid and powdered (obviously) and a pretty color combination!

Photobucket Photobucket
More dye and drying work. 

Photobucket Photobucket  
Photobucket
The fruits of my labor (and of a student who helped me): a patriotic outfit for this weekend. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Dragonfly, Dragonfly, fly away home...or stay here and look pretty for us!

Photobucket Photobucket  
Photobucket
 Aunt-made lantern, backyard arbor, garage door...

Photobucket Photobucket  
Photobucket
???, garden contraption, a wise owl who feeds the birds...

Photobucket Photobucket  
Photobucket
Garden foliage and the creatures that lurk within it...

Photobucket Photobucket  
Photobucket
Hydrangea, grapes and a dog- always a winning combination...  

Photobucket
A pretty umbrella =)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment