Monday, December 8, 2014

Contest.

Someone under the age of one was very off, sleep-wise, after my post last night and it made for a tired family this morning. Let's hope that tonight is better and in other more positive news...

1. Our school has a gingerbread building contest that I entered along with a coworker. We were the only teachers {ha!} but had a blast trash-talking the kiddos and creating something out of graham crackers, frosting, and candy. I doubt we'll win but it was good fun and the first gingerbread house {even though it was out of graham crackers} I had made in years - my best bud and I used to make gingerbread houses this time of year at the community center; there was a two-week class kids could do which was amazing. The first class was constructing the house with some nice solid frosting and after a week of curing, the second weekend session was spent decorating the houses with as much candy and supplies which was my friend's favorite part since she had a delightful sweet tooth.

I digress.

2. One more Monday is between me and our winter break!

3. I'm feeling hopeful about making some cookies this holiday season; last year I didn't make any.

4. My calves are super sore today after our 14 flights of down-stairs last night {read HERE} which can be construed as a positive in the sense that maybe it will motivate me to actually re-start my running career.

5. My sweet husband. What a dude. He took care of dinner tonight and has been doing so many dishes/dog care which is a huge burden off my working mother shoulders.

Good Monday for you today folks?!?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment