Monday, November 12, 2012

We all say "Monday"!

For the first time in a long time I had today off in celebration of Veteran's Day. I actually spend some time doing work today but it was still lovely to be able to go to bed last night and not worry about waking up and getting lunch ready, etc. In other news...
I ran to the World War II Memorial today...many wreaths were out in honor of Veteran's Day.
1} We had spaghetti squash tonight!
I took the lazy way out and micro-zapped the thing. It's super easy; stab the gourd several times all around, about an inch deep. Six to seven minutes on high, flip it over, and five more minutes on high. When you're done, carefully {so much steam comes barreling out} cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and, using a fork, scrape out the flesh; it comes out in strings that resemble spaghetti {hence their name}. 
I used THIS recipe to doctor it all up and tossed in a can of drained garbanzo beans to add some protein.
Yum!

2} I finally got the poor dog over to the dog park today. Every day we walk around our little block he makes a mad dash at the corner where we would cross to get to the park and I feel pangs of guilt each and every time.
Today was your day Guinness, today was your day.

3} I'm making some fall decorations tomorrow night, if all goes as planned..."yea!" for crafting!

4} It was a beautiful and almost balmy day here today. It's supposed to cool down drastically tomorrow but I thoroughly enjoyed what we had going on here.

5} I am going to go into the Holiday season with a positive outlook. It can be a hard time of year for me, especially as a teacher, because things get SO hectic and crazy. My professional life has slowed down a bit now and there aren't too many holiday obligations or deadlines I've got going on...I won;der what it'll be like?

What has your day brought for you? Did you have a day off? 
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment