Friday, July 11, 2014

Cloudy!

Back at our old apartment when our hot water heater stopped heating really well {February}, I noticed it partially because our dishes weren't as clean. Despite being fixed our glasses still didn't look fabulous. Being in a new place with nice hot water and a good powerful dishwasher I had high hopes for cleaner plates and bowls. But our glasses are still cloudy.

I did some research and it could be "etching" which is something that happens when there's soft water and too much detergent or some such thing...and it's permanent but I really hope it's not what happened with our glasses. I soaked a few in a vinegar/baking soda solution and then washed them but they don't look too improved. I've since left one in that solution for  few days now and hope that really makes a difference and then next I'll try Bartender's Friend which is a bit more powerful. Hopefully then all of our Pyrex and glasses won't look crummy.

Anyway, at the end of a boring blog post {since the rest of them are so riveting}, has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions out there?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment