Sunday, July 6, 2014

Identity and reclamation and endorphins.

While Federer and the Joker were duking it out on the court this morning I embarked on an adventure - my first run after having the baby. This would also be my first run since early September of last year. I felt so emotional the first few minutes of this run, and surprisingly chipper, that I abandoned my prudent plan of alternating a minute of walking with a minute of running - for about five minutes, then I did a bit of the walk/run. I did 20 minutes total and felt energized, tired, hot, and amazing. I used to be a runner. I used to run fast. I could crank out track workouts and long runs and then go home and make dinner. Now it's a good day if we leave the apartment. I'm ready to get back to me. I recognize it's going to be a different version of old me, what with a child and all, but I'm motivated to get back to my running ways. So much so that I cautiously registered for a marathon that will take place in March...here's for internet accountability and the amazing way 20 minutes of music and running can make me feel.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment