Thursday, June 20, 2013

Book review; Devil in the White City.

I finished the book I showed in yesterday's post, Devil in the White City by Erik Larson, last month. I had heard about this book from Becs a while back and my brother-in-law lent it to me when he finished.
DitWC Is historical fiction, which I adore, and kept me very engaged, intrigued, and satisfied the whole way through. The book juxtaposes the two stories of the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago and of a serial killer taking advantage of the influx of young women into Chicago at that time, as well as a bit more relevant history and a few other story lines woven in.

The two main story lines, however, never make direct contact, though they play around each other quite nicely and in a way that just almost makes you think the killer and the fair planners might end up meeting each other in some quirky story line. But they don't.

The book was published 10 years ago so it's by no means a newbie but in a completely unscientific manner I feel as though I've recently heard about it/seen it mentioned so perhaps it's enjoying a bit of a renaissance. 

With long days ahead of me as well as some air travel time I look forward to getting in a few more novels this summer; any suggestions??
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment