Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer CSA #1.

Here's the haul from this week.
This was our first time with this farm and I'm happy with this spread. The plants we get might be an issue because we have nowhere to put them but I'm thinking about "plant-bombing" the landscaping of our building and just putting them in the ground during the middle of the day when no-one's looking.

And for my own sake of remembering what I do and being accountable : so far we've used lettuce in a salad {boring but good}, chives and eggs in a quiche, garlic scapes {which are just the young garlic plant minus the actual garlic and they can be used in lieu of regular garlic} in black beans and salsa, dried the oregano, and are planning to make mojitos tonight.

There's also a garlic scape/white bean spread I've been eying but I didn't love the recipe so I might make up my own.

This is a weekly CSA and it's full of greens {which don't last long} so we need to be pretty deliberate about making sure we get this all in.

Are you CSA-ing it up this season? Any tips/suggestions on some of this stuff {kohlrabi}?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment