Monday, June 17, 2013

Puttering about.

I'm denying myself coffee #2 since that iced coffee batch I put together last week is exceptionally strong {I think I used an espresso mix?} and I haven't slept well when I have more than one cup. In other news.

1} An electrician just left our place after fixing the outlet for our washer/dryer {step #2 getting back on track with laundry}...yippee! We still need to get a new dryer hose and install it which we're going to do ourselves since it's apparently easy. I'm supposed to go to the hardware store later today.

2} We can almost do laundry in our place again.

3} It's not officially summer yet BUT IT'S SUMMER. And yesterday we heralded that with our first east coast crab boil. This bushel costs a bit over $100 and there was about half left after a crowd of 12 or so descended upon it.
Ignore the sock-feet.
Blue crab that's been boiled in Old Bay Seasoning is a delicious, time-intensive, rewarding, salty, and fun thing to do on a Sunday afternoon. I had only known Dungeness crab from my Bay Area life and I was thrilled to experience this Maryland staple.

And, yes, that is an Instagram photo...I've been making the most of my summer days and can be found at sracalifornia.

4} I love hot weather but running in it can be really challenging. At the end of last summer I got into a good rhythm {I never realized how weird that word is until I just had to look it up} of getting in my miles in the morning before it gets too warm. "Morning" needs to be before 9 AM at least, though, and I seem to had forgotten that.
The good thing about today's run? I think it may have made me fully remember the importance of getting out early and not laying around enjoying the quiet and hopefully that memory will get me out the door earlier in the days to come.

5} I outlined a loose schedule for my days this summer. This is something that is so important for me because I love structure and thrive with it. What I can't so easily write out is motivation to complete the not-so-fun tasks in that schedule {dishes, cleaning, getting new dryer hoses...}.

How YOU doin' today Reader?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment