Monday, April 29, 2013

Le Lentil.

It's been rainy and cool here, but not entirely unpleasant, so the windows are open and airing out our little hovel.
In other news...
1. I made "French Lentil Soup" tonight, an old favorite and standby that hadn't graced our bowls in a long time.
It's not really French, it's Trader Joe-ian. 
I've always been a fan of TJ's and several years ago {5?!} a coworker showed me her Trader Joe's cookbook. It's made not by the grocery store chain but by Trader Joe's admirers and puts to use many of their unique products. There are actually many of these cookbooks out now but I treasure this {& a few others [Sag Paneer Lasagne!]} photocopied recipe from a several years past, thought it is so easy I actually know it by heart still. Recipe to come at a later date.

2} After several days of feeling nasty I got myself some Z-Pac action. Turns out I'm still allergy immune but still susceptible to sinus infections.

3 - Prom was fun! They had a yummy dessert table!

4...Our table {which is glass...shudder [this apartment came furnished]} has a fine layer of yellow pollen on it thanks to the sycamores that are all over our neighborhood and our love of a good cross breeze.

5) There's a scruffy dog, many friends around this country, beautiful family from whence we came, hilarious inside jokes, miles to be run, visits to be had, and so much more to be grateful for in this beautiful life.

I hope that today, two weeks out from a very bad day, you're looking up and ahead, seeing joy in your life, or at least enjoying a little bit of the day.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment