Friday, April 26, 2013

The Itchy & Scratchy Show.

In California I never suffered much from allergies even though we have some of the worst hay fever in the country.
But since earlier this week my throat and all it's connected to have been feeling junky. My grandmother so kindly pointed out to me that it's because I wasn't born here so I'm not immune to the allergies here. 

So true, I suppose; good job granny. 

I noticed it specifically on Wednesday night. It was the toastiest day of the week and storms were predicted so I opened our windows to enjoy the warm breeze. 

After several episodes of Downton Abbey {Mike's been really busy with work/school, hence the nights of wine and roses BBC}, one being ESPECIALLY sad, I realized my throat felt funny but I thought it was just the drama I was watching. Plus my eyes were/are super agitated {red}.

But now it's Friday and I'm not still sad.

Way to go pollen.

In other news:

  • I'm a bachelorette for the evening because my better half is doing one of those ultra races that are done in teams {and it involves a van}. I miss him dreadfully even though I just saw him this morning; funny how "absence makes the heart grow fonder" really does ring true.

  • After putting in some great miles a few weeks ago, I'm back to loathing the sport of running. Why would I want to do that? Who even likes that? What is WRONG with me?

  • We're going to "The Ball" put on by Mikey's graduate program tomorrow evening. I'm afraid that I am that California casual person and I'll be wearing flats and not very dramatic make-up. 

  • It's bed-time.

Bon nuit and have a lovely weekend!
xoxo, natty ♥  

1 comments:

Laurenita said...

We've got a team van relay race happening here next weekend! Quite a production. Enjoy the time alone :)

Post a Comment