Monday, July 29, 2013

Mountain air.

I'm a day into our Tahoe time and really enjoying it. Oh but I do really wish my dear old husband were here with us but he's holding down the fort in DC; thanks so much sweetie but it'd be nicer with you here.

Let's look at niceties then, shall we? We shall!

1. Humidity trumps altitude. Though I'm getting winded going up stairs or walking up a hill {like I always do at this elevation}, this morning's run made me feel like I was in the best shape of my life.
That's hyperbolic but temperatures in the high 60s and seemingly zero humidity really make a huge difference compared to what DC's summer has to offer {wet rags continuously slung at me}.

2. After my run...
The focus is on the lake.
an uncle made blueberry pancakes!

3. We made a run to the Tahoe City thrift shop, one of the best I've ever, ever, ever been to. I snagged an old Mexican embroidered blouse and some cheap books.

4. I got in the water today. I took the slow walking immersion approach. I can't decide if that or jumping in is easier. I can safely say that neither way is comfortable but I do like to get myself in once a day when I'm up here.

5. My pops is driving up tomorrow! This is going to be one full house!

What's good about your week? Has weather cooled down the way it did in DC? Are you getting in some mileage too? Have a happy week wherever you are.

xoxo, natty ❤

1 comments:

Post a Comment