Friday, July 12, 2013

What went wrong?

Part of our CSA this week was as much basil as one could want.

So I grabbed a solid gallon bag's worth and got down to work on some pesto today.

I had made pesto last year that was super yummy so I was looking forward to this big batch.

And it came out looking like smashed spinach. But it tasked ok at least.

I went off the usual pesto recipes of  :basil, nuts {I used almonds because pine nuts are pricey and we always have almonds around}, some parmesan, and enough olive oil to be at the consistency I liked after many pulses of the food processor.

I think maybe our food processor is too big for a batch like this? Even though there was a lot of basil in there I think it might have been too spread out for the blades so it took many, many pulses and maybe that's what made it such a dark green.

Oh well. Like I said, it tasted good and when frozen into cubes like this it's enough for a year's worth of impromptu pesto dinners.

What's on your weekend agenda folks?? Do you have any pesto solutions??
xoxo, natty ❤

0 comments:

Post a Comment