Friday, August 16, 2013

Puffy eyes.

I'm predicting that I'll awake with swollen orbs in my face tomorrow. After a long and full week at school, tonight was the back-to-school BBQ, though in true Maryland fashion, it was a massive Old Bay seasoned crab boil. Someone on faculty actually drove out to the eastern shore of Maryland and purchased bushel after bushel for the feast. 

We malleted and picked out crab and had a grand old time.
 
And it was delicious.

But Old Bay, delectable as it is, contains a bunch of sodium and I do not look pretty the morning after a salt binge.

Oh well, it was worth it.

Also, it was weird and a bit sad to not be at my old school's back-to-school BBQ. I missed and miss all those dear faces and places so much but I am truly grateful to be in a large and welcoming community of teachers and learners, all the way out in The Free State.
xoxo, natty ♥

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

This crab boil sounds wonderful! I need to visit in the summer so I can experience this!

Post a Comment