Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A setback and 42 weeks {minus 3 days}.

So we had our baby! But then I got really sick and had to spend some more time in the hospital; I had meant to post this last Friday when I would've been 42 weeks pregnant so please forgive the tardiness. I'm probably not going to be posting as often as before but who knows?! Having been sick and also being a newborn's mother, it might be kind of nice to feel even somewhat connected to the world, even if it's just me plastering something on the internet.

Anyway, let's update!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And now there’s a baby! It was a reeeaaallly long week between the last update and this one and the last post but the happiest byproduct of is our beautiful daughter, Hanna Lucille. We’re recovering at home and looking forward to feeling more and more human as the days progress, though sleeplessness does not a thing to help with that. Let’s look at some stats.
How far along: today I would be 42 weeks – I had Hanna Lucy at 41 weeks and 4 days pregnant.


Symptoms:

·      We have a daughter, a real live baby that we’ve been entrusted {by whom?!} to care for.
·      It was a long and hard labor that ended up taking place in the hospital. Though not a C-section and I’m not recovering from surgery, it was actually a really difficult labor and I’m going to be recovering pretty gingerly these first few days.
·      Baby is very healthy {& large…see below} and has a wonderful clean bill of health; we are so grateful.

Wait gain: I actually haven’t looked at mine yet but she clocked in at 9 pounds 13 ounces on her birthday. And 22 inches long, just for the record.

Size of baby: see above.

Exercise: we are sequestered at home, besides appointments, for the next few weeks.

Milestones: Hanna Lou is nursing every several hours.

She hasn’t been sleeping for long stretches of time but hopefully now that there’s milk coming in that will change, though she sleeps best in our arms and it would be ever-so-nice for her to sleep somewhere else for more than 20 to 30 minutes.

Despite her size she still fits well enough in the newborn clothes we’ve tried on and is also filling out those newborn diapers.

What I miss
: well, I loved being pregnant but labor/delivery was the hardest thing I had ever done {two marathons seem easy in comparison} so I’m going to say that I do miss feeling the babe move around inside of me as well as lots and lots of sleep if I wanted it, but I am so glad to be on the better side of delivering a baby.

Sex: Hanna Lucy.

Movement: she’s a squirmer out here and swaddling her is a must for helping her calm down.

Thoughts/questions/concerns:
hmmm...are we even capable of parenting?

Sleep: not much…let’s leave it at that!

Goals: get some milk coming in and hopefully have her sleep a bit more.

Random: It’s still such a surreal situation; we have a beautiful baby and we are so in love.

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment