Monday, March 11, 2013

The Boss.

My amaryllis is blooming!
And quite prolifically; three blossoms on each shoot.
In other news...

1} 5 mile run + Bruce Springsteen + 60 degree weather = Happy Nathalia.

2} My gardenia has another new blossom...I'm thinking, with the amount of tightly packed blooms I can count, that there will be a new one or two each day for at least a week. #nature'sperfume.

3} DC is known for its cherry blossoms each spring. The trees were a gift from Japan way back when and there are tons of activities that center around the blossoms. Check it out HERE .

The official prediction of when the blossoms will be at their peak is March 26 to the 29, as you can read at their Twitter feed HERE.

I've actually never seen them all in their splendor, being new here and all, but I'm finding myself wondering when the first ones will pop open. It's a quick jaunt down to where they grow and I've been choosing that route for my runs recently.
 
But what I'm loving right now {before the major splendor begins} when I go to run around the mall and tidal basin is the glow. Though there are no blossoms yet {although I have seen some [?] but I think that there's a tree that mimics cherry blossoms...}, the little buds on the cherry trees are there and they're dark pink which results in a rosy haze around the branches. It's ethereal and so promising of spring and all it has to offer.

Sigh.

4} Tonight's meal plan got scrapped for breakfast-for-dinner; something that we don't do too often but which I love.

5} Becs is coming soon!!! AND today is her birthday. Happiest of twenty-something birthdays to an amazing, beautiful, talented, MOTIVATED, and over-all fabulous friend; we love you so much!!!

I hope that you're all having a lovely and peaceful start to your week, wherever you are.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment