Thursday, March 14, 2013

Impromptu randomness.

We've been doing a semi-vegetarian thing since we moved to DC; it's cheap and good for our hearts. We'll eat meat here and there but I've enjoyed trying new recipes and saving money and being conscientious, etc.

But when I told Mike I was stopping at the grocery store on my way home tonight {for grilled cheese accoutrements} and I asked if I should pick up anything else, he said "steaks?" 
 
So I did. 

And they were delicious.

Some other things floating around in my mind...

- We just watched "The Office"; I love that show and am going to miss it when it wraps up this season.

- I just emailed in to reserve a spot in a spring/summer CSA. I'm really excited about this once since it's going to be more varied produce {not just squash, apples, & potatoes!}, it will be each week from June through October, AND it includes a little potted plant every other delivery or so.

- I just KNOW that the trees and shrubs will explode with green in about three weeks' time and I am anxiously awaiting that development.

- Easter so soon?

- I don't visit Target as much as I used to in San Jose. Mostly because it's not conveniently located on my route home. But that means, apart from saving some $$$s by not buying useless stuff, that we haven't had ANY Easter candy. We didn't have any Valentine's sweets either. Me thinks I can amend this. 

I hope that your week has been productive {but not quite productive as in The Vatican? Habemus Papam. [#we♥Jesuits]} and that you have a nice little weekend planned.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment