Saturday, March 30, 2013

Paring knife.

We received a very nice knife set for our wedding and have been lovingly using it ever since. 

We received many wonderful items, actually, and we've been fortunate enough, considering our Big Move, to not have broken or lost very much. I think the count is maybe one wine glass, two drinking glasses, and a ceramic pot of some sort that cracked.

But somehow we've lost our paring knife. It's the littlest one that came in our set and happens to be Mike's cutting utensil of choice {I favor the big cook's knives we have - we were gifted an extra and love it because those get the most use}. It's NOWHERE to be found in our apartment. We've visited some gnarly places {under the stove, hands in the garbage disposal} in our search but can't find it. 

Where could it be?


To top it off, Michael is a sweet heart and recently bought me a book that is right up my alley, "Consider the Fork: A History of How We Cook and Eat" by Bee Wilson. It's an awesome exploration of, exactly as the title says, the history of the tools we use {or don't use} in our kitchens and the meals we eat. 

Last night I began the chapter on knives and started to feel a strong need to find.that.knife.

Maybe later this weekend.

Have a great Saturday!
xoxo, natty ♥

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is totally not a comment you were expecting, but I love the name Bee so much I kind of wish it were my own.

Find that knife! I get to cook with you soon!

-Becs

Post a Comment