Sunday, October 19, 2014

A detour.

I was supposed to go to work today for an event. Since I'm a single mom for the weekend I lined up some babysitters and prepared accordingly. I planned to make breakfast and coffee for our friends to sweeten the deal of an eight AM Sunday babysitting gig and got everything else planned out accordingly {my outfit, natch}.
Then yesterday a gross cold hit our little family. We're still swimming through it {I anticipate a long night ahead of us}, for the record.

But that strata. It was the first strata that I've made and I learned that stratas are to be refrigerated the night before. So last night after bedtime I sauteed and toasted and did all sorts of good things and at 6:30 this morning I stuck the thing in the oven right before making the call of staying home with our sick baby. No babysitters, a huge and delicious strata just out of the oven, and some coffee helped me feel a bit better about our situation AND I get a new recipe out of the transaction. Plus enough leftover for dinner tonight.

Link to recipe HERE. Differences: I used: 1/2 and 1/2 for all of the dairy, powdered thyme, only a wedge of brie not a round, a bit of extra parmesan before baking it, and some fresh spinach to lessen the guilt of a nine-egg-three-cups-of-cream recipe.

Here's to getting healthy!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment