Friday, December 2, 2011

Advent; Day 2.

I don't often condone table pictures and even less so when there's food involved. Tonight's picture, though, hold meaning. 
On this second day of my Advent, I want to show a symbol of something that is very near and dear to my heart {& it's not Sauvignon Blanc...ha!}. 
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I'm a very lucky girl in many respects and the one I celebrate today is the ability to reflect and share. I know that I feel the most grounded when I'm aware and present but, unfortunately, busy days and not enough hours to get things done don't always support a pensive lifestyle. Something I can manage is a meal out with my hubby. Even if it's a quick dinner at a fast restaurant on a Thursday night, the 30 minutes or so when we're sitting at a table and sifting through the events of the past day, days or week are rejuvenating to me. There's not a screen taking our attention, I'm not multi-tasking and trying to get my lunch ready for the next day while grading quizzes in between it all; we're just sitting with each other.
Tonight we did just so and I am grateful. It's getting dark around 4:30-5 ish and even though the light is short there is still plenty that's keeping us busy so this time together is very valuable to me.
What small things during your week help to ground you? What helps to give you a bit of perspective? I know that Mike always has an insight that I haven't thought of or a different point of view to present to a situation and I am much the better for this expanded perspective. Or at the very least he has to be supportive of me and my opinion; ha!
I hope that your week has drawn to a close in a nice way and that the weekend brings a bit of relaxation.
Oh...one more thing.
A certain couple we know from college who regaled us with their presence at our wedding and very merrily helped us to celebrate, just this evening, have begun to think about their very own nuptials; congratulations you two...we are so *^%$#@! {that stands for acutely, btw} happy for you!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment