Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Youth; on Pokemon.

Today I'm launching a new series on San Jose Señora. It's called "The Youth" and will feature various aspects of said demographic that speak to me {things they say, things they do, things they eat [Flaming Hot Cheetos dipped in cream cheese WHAT?!]}. I'm guessing it will be mostly things that are high-larry-us to me as a former youngin. I'm also guessing that the majority of my material will be from the adolescent sector as opposed to the elementary/tween/preteen groups. This is because I teach ages 14 to 18 and not only get up in front of them and speak all day long but they ARE my workplace.
These will hopefully be posts that include photographic evidence because I'm not funny and cannot re-create goofy conversations, etc., but I sure can take a picture with my phone and then post it online.
Today we begin with Pokemon. My brother is in this age-group {14-18} and grew up watching Pokemon. I, unfortunately, was born on the cusp of Those Who Appreciate{d} Pokemon At An Appropriate Age {as in at ages five to 12, maybe, and not when they were 30 [no offense here, I'm just going with what I perceive to be social norms (I digress)]}.
Where I work we have an annual Spirit Week which involves daily dress-up themes. Students submit ideas and vote on them to narrow down the choices. Honestly, I think that they would be ok with dress-up days every day since they seem to have enough ideas. A similar poster was put up for each class on campus to come up with suggestions and then agree or disagree using check marks. I perused my floor's {the sophomores, fyi} on Saturday night while I was patrolling the gym for inappropriate necking or petting at the dance and "needed something in my office" {a momentary escape; I actually did need something from my office}. I was amused and maybe a little perplexed by what I saw.
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Who knew that Ash Ketchum and Charmander could garner such emotion from teenage girls?
I obviously didn't.
Please also take note of how I made it so that you would also be able to see the two suggestions of "Grandma Day" {what about all the Pop-Pops of the world?!} and my personal favorite "Inanimate Object Day". Spongebob is also listed up at the top with a paltry one "agree"; he just doesn't hold a candle to "Gotta Catch 'em All!".
Peace y'all and what are you laughing joyously about on this 8th day of Advent?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment