Monday, December 19, 2011

Marvelous Monday.

I'm sitting by the fire with a dog on the couch. I don't think that things can get much better than this but without further ado...
Photobucket
1. Vacation. Until January 3rd. Next year.
2. #1 means that there will be time in the very near future, today even, to spend non-hurried time with family and friends and to not wake up before seven if I don't want to {secret: I almost never actually want to}.
3. We're driving to Phoenix on Thursday with a planned detour in Santa Monica to eat at Cha Cha Chicken of which I've heard a lot but never partaken!
4. I might use some of the time I have to just me, myself and Guinness in the next two days {Mike's working still} to actually bake. I think that I really do love this time of year and am trying ever-so hard to not be a Grinch this December but with having moved and run a marathon in another state-a-plane-ride-away in the past two weeks I've been feeling very apart from the season. I just rolled out the new blog look and even doing that makes me feel a bit better about it all. Anyway, yesterday we cleaned and organized and our kitchen is actually set up with our wonderful wedding gifts and I'm hoping I can get my hands into {literally, hahaha} some cookie dough before we head south{west...though it's actually east of where we are} because it's one tradition I love. The Hershey's Kiss peanut butter things are THE BEST and Mr. Mikey loves his snickerdoodles and he also gave me a great cookie press a few years ago so hopefully some carbs will be baked!
5. I'm on the couch next to a warm fireplace with a dog on my feet keeping them extra warm...and I can walk normally again after last weekend's fandango {so what do I do? Lay on the couch!}!


What's fabulous about this week for you? Has the time of year been pulling you in many different directions? Have you ever moved between Thanksgiving and Christmas?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment