Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bright lights, Big city.

On Friday my aunt, my cousin, and my grandmother {and I!} went to San Francisco. 
We slummed around the Haight/Ashbury thrift shops. I got four old 99 cent paperbacks at Goodwill and a Jcrew dress for $12.
We walked around a fun grocery store too. I admit that probably only I and a certain subset of other folk consider grocery stores fun. It's weird, kind of, since I loathed this errand growing up and now I could get lost in a grocery store for hours just looking at everything. My favorites are big and traditional supermarkets where canning goods like sealing wax and mason jars are sold an aisle over from aqua net and frozen pie shells.
Later we enjoyed a savory Korean dinner in the inner Sunset. 
Clean & Pure!
I even had a cold beer because nothing goes better with bulgogi.
It was chilly but not bad and even though it actually started to rain a bit during dinner, it was so refreshing and LIGHT considering  were in some of the longest days of the year.
Even though I've never been head over heels enamored of the city, I admit that I do like it. I'll miss it, even. We won't be able to just drive up on a whim to have dinner or run along the bay or do whatever. Will we at least be able to get Korean food in DC? I'm guessing yes but it won't be in the City by the Bay or with my family.
#thingsIlikeandwillmissaboutCalifornia.
xoxo, natty ♥

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love that you got to do this with your family before the big move!

Nathalia said...

And we loved it too!!! Can't wait to see you in the TC next month! Wish Fency-fence & Ems could be there ♥.

Post a Comment