Thursday, June 28, 2012

HA!

Yesterday's word-free post was meant to be posted today {Wednesday} except I got excited and hit "Publish" so here go some totally random thoughts.

* Oh My Goodness I wish I were a person who loves to pack & move; thank God I have my mom helping me.
* Some sweet coworkers had a lovely little pot luck in my honor today and I also got to see some of my work friends who aren't teaching summer school with me; thank you all SO much for your thoughtfulness and kindness. It didn't hurt that someone brought along her cute little ones with whom I got to play and run around.


* I'm mulling over a new look for our new life; more news to come as this idea progresses. 

* We had BBQ tonight at a local joint. On Wednesdays they have a five men band playing Classic Country and it was glorious.
I really love a good twang and this quintet was cracking cheesy jokes all over the place which added a great deal to my enjoyment. Too bad we didn't figure this out until our last two weeks here! More reason to come back home and visit.


* One of the younger students at school today told me some of the other kiddos were saying that I look like a mermaid. I'm hoping more Ariel than the scary ones. And less scaly.

* In the middle of an activity in class today I was standing at my podium and one of my six students came up to me. She gave me this.
It was a homemade oreo cookie that had been wrapped and baked in sugar cookie dough. I relished every bite of it with my second cup of coffee later in the morning. And I tried not to worry too much about students getting up and giving me cookies in the middle of class instead of doing to activity at hand. Mind you, I didn't give them a break in the two hour class today so maybe this is their way {or bribe?} of asking me for one.


* I'm super excited for San Diego this weekend.

* After dinner tonight someone was feeling tuckered.
I feel that way sometimes too.


Good middle of the week to you!

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment