Monday, June 18, 2012

Cobbled.

Ugh. I was worthless today. I've been so susceptible to ennui of late and I think it has to do with wanting to secure a job for August and having to pack; two seemingly insurmountable endeavors. After I got home from work it was all down hill. In the thick of it, though, here are a few highlights on this Monday evening.
This is what Father's Day dinner turned into. After a game of corn toss.
1} We're watching Jeopardy right this minute; yes!
2} I re-purposed some sour blueberries into a yummy cobbler tonight; #making creative use of food.
3} I bought two packs of those space saving vacuum bags for our big move. This:
went to this:
woah! I have four more bags and hopefully will get all of our bulky towels and unused winter/fall clothes packed down. I'm marginally concerned about everything being wrinkled beyond belief when we unpack it all sometime in August but whatever. I'll put the coats on hangers in the bathroom with a hot shower running.
4} This morning I taught my last-first-class at my school. I'm not ruling out teaching forever but the truth is that we're leaving and I can't commute. The very first class I taught was summer school and on that day in 2006 I wore white pants and a polka dot shirt.
I reprised the look today in honor of my career. This isn't super maravilloso but it is a milestone for me nevertheless and I relish those things.
5} We spent a nice evening hanging out with some friends and family on Saturday night.
These two had a great time and were too cute to pass up on taking a picture of despite the low lighting.
What's lovely about your week? Are you enjoying the very end of spring and looking forward to the solstice?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment