Thursday, June 14, 2012

The cinema.

Making use of my summer days this week and last, my grandmother and aunt and I have been doing things during the day. That wasn't a very engaging statement, I realize, but it sure as heck means something to a teacher at the beginning of her vacation!

I am also searching for jobs in the D.C. area and trying to pack while planning for the summer school class I teach starting next week. Some vacation.

Part of my preferred daytime regimen is going to see a movie and we did just that last week AND today! Now, I am fully aware that my 101 in 1,001 endeavor is not enjoying any time in the spotlight but I assure it's on my radar and that an update will make an appearance soon but I am recording here and now that so far in June I've seen two films thus getting me caught up on my one movie a month goal.

Last week it was the marigold hotel movie. I'm blogging from a parking lot while waiting on someone right now and couldn't possibly switch over to the internet to look up the proper title so I'll leave it as that but can tell you that it was a very uplifting 90 minutes {give or take a few}.

An aside : can I get carsick from being in a parked car on the side of the road? I'm in the cell phone lot which is up against the main throughway to get into the airport and I am feeling Woozy sitting and typing away on my phone. Maybe it's the cars whirring past so now I've adjusted myself to not have to see them.

Moving on.

Today we saw "Bernie"; that's an easy enough title for me! It's a totally dark movie but very good and also, as I found out at the end, based on a true story and many people seen are not actors but real folk from the story.

I am so grateful for these days and will certainly have to adjust if I end up in a job other than teaching later this summer {which is what it's shaping up to be...eeeeek} and don't get this glorious vacation schedule. But a job, any job, is a Good Thing.

What do you do when you have time off in the city where you live? Do you love catching a matinee too?

0 comments:

Post a Comment