Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tuesday randoms.

I don't really know what to write about tonight so you'll get a bit of a brain dump. 

*    I'm thinking about how I've blogged for two years {woot!}. I don't write about Serious Things. I make typos. I don't have much of a "voice". I sound really silly to myself when I go back and read past entries. My posts lack structure as my writing always has {thesis?}. But I'll keep doing this. I like knowing that I was here. That we were here. That trips were taken, work was done, dinners were made {& eaten}, decisions were deliberated...This is as much of a journal as I've ever kept and for that I'm grateful.

*    I rode my bike to meet a friend to run tonight; that's a lot of exercise for me these days {siiiigggggh} and it felt great. No real leg pain {knock repeatedly on wood, please} reared itself and I had a nice appetite worked up by the time I got home which is great because Mikey Mike had {hot} food all ready for me; thanks sweetie! After I click "Publish" on this entry I need to do some extensive foam rolling {oh the pain!} and stretch it all out so that I can keep doing stuff like this.

*    The first game of the NBA finals just wrapped up. I'm no sports fan the way many people {my husband} are but I kind of follow along here and there. I'm liking Oklahoma {Team A} - their fan base seems really dedicated and they make their games so fun and energetic. Plus I'm most definitely not a fan of Miami {Team B} or LeBron James {or Tony Parker but that's off topic}. This was a fun game to watch with both teams leading at different points.

*    I got us a pound of cherries today from a local cherry-selling-family; it's June!

*    I also got us some lovely organic blackberries from the Trader Joe's. I washed them before eating them. Then I ate three. Then I noticed teeny tiny little wormy things crawling on one. On many of the blackberries actually. Mike told me that's what I get for splurging on organic and that pesticides don't let bugs like that happen. Wahhhhh.

*    It's lovely to have a bed in our living/family room but I do miss the normalcy of a couch.

*    Sometimes my computer makes a tired whirring sort of sound and it reaaaaallly annoys me. It's doing it right now.

*    Guinness barked at one AM last night/early this morning. It woke me up and freaked me out because after he barked he sat on our bed just looking around our room; what was he looking at? Why? Then I had to turn on the light and read for an hour to calm down.

*    Aren't the colors of the hydrangea leaves and blooms lovely? The green is mostly what I'm loving, actually, since I've seen more vibrant petals.
I adore these flowers and just recently found out/realized that the French word for hydrangea is "hortensia". It's the same in Spanish too. That explains to me why some women used to be named "Hortense". I would see that name in the random assortment of 1960s-1970s youth literature I grew up reading {it was my aunt's and still laying around the family home in the 90s when I came of age} and just.not.get.it. I chalked it up to a different era but it all makes sense now! It's a flower! Like naming your daughter "Daisy"! or "Rose"!

*    Yesterday was Monday which means I did the whole crossword puzzle all by my little lonesome.
Do you have thoughts as scattered as mine sometimes?
xoxo, natty ♥

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love reading your random thoughts. I also loved learning the Hortense trivia! I will always think of this whenever I come across a Hortense in literature now.

Post a Comment