Saturday, June 16, 2012

Two left eyes.

As I've mentioned before, I wear contact lenses. I actually have astigmatism which means that one eye sees better than the other one. It's a really noticeable change from one to the other. On top of that my prescription is fairly strong {nerd alert} so it was a Big Day when my eye doc told me that I could finally get those fancy daily disposable contact lenses; It took a while for the companies to make them for my special kind of eyes since astigmatism means the eye's shaped oddly.


I got a year's supply but had to deal with a} how to conveniently have them available for me in the morning {solved with a cute little garage sale bowl on the bathroom counter} and b} how to keep the two different prescriptions divided {solved by writing "R" or "L" [right or left!] on each little contact case using sharpie so that if they get damp it doesn't wipe off}.
Left, Left.
Earlier this month my supply dwindled and the Type A inside of me had A Moment when I realized that the two remaining were both lefts. AH! I threw away the left over {no pun intended!} and just opened up two new cases like normal.
They lasted several weeks, bringing me to today when I had the same experience and felt just as much anxiety.
Right, Right, Left.
Have there been two times over the past two months when I was wearing the same prescription in each eye? Did it give me a headache and I just chalked it up to being tired? How did I not even notice?!


I'm going to be extra vigilant with this next batch which might be difficult since we're moving and such but I hope sincerely to avoid this in the future.
Happy warm weekend to you!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment