Monday, September 10, 2012

Curried.

My first Monday on the job; what a wonderful thing!!! I'm entirely serious here; this is a glorious blessing.
Doesn't this look like fun?
A few more highlights of the week...

1} It has cooled down a bit here. While I am a big fan of warm weather, as we all know, this is an exciting development; it's going to be fall! Autumn! I'm getting excited to wear cool-weather clothes, light up some cinnamon-y candles, make SOUP, and carve pumpkins. It's so funny how the onset of a season is SUCH an exciting time for me, even if it's not my favorite time of year. However, I think that fall has hustled its way up there in my appreciation. I may even love it more than summer? Oh no. I just can't play favorites.

2} I whipped up {with some vegetable-chopping-help from my better half} some yummy Thais green curry tonight...from a jar! It was the Trader Joe's situation and I doctored it up a bit with some extra coconut milk but I'm glad to know that we have a new, nice, and easy dinner. 

3} My computer is still under warranty, the local Apple store is two tenths of a mile from the Georgetown G2 bus stop which happens to be the most direct route to and from our apartment and that neighborhood. And I didn't have to wait at the store {by some divine Providence}. #winning

4} The organization that I now work at, much like the school I used to teach at, believes in and fights for a cause that I feel passionately about. How amazing that I get a second chance to be a part of such a movement.

5} So. Many. DVRd. Episodes. Of. Law & Order. SVU.

How has your week started? Are you currently watching some football? Mister Mike and his brother are currently playing tennis and set the DVR to record the tennis on TV so I'm enjoying the fruits of #5 above.

May your Tuesday bring joy and love!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment