Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blessed.

This upcoming week brings St. Francis' Feast Day in the Catholic Church. St. Francis is one of my favorite historical figures and amongst other things he is well known for his love of animals so his feast day often includes a Blessing of the Animals/Pets at many Catholic churches.
I looked up what was going on in our fair city and found that there is a Franciscan monastery within a few miles of where we live AND that they were having a blessing ceremony TODAY for animals & pets.
So we went!
Guinness is now a bit holier.
This particular Franciscan was quite taken by our dog! He called Guinness "beautiful".
It was mostly dogs {& their owners} but I also took note of several cats and there was even a hermit crab.
I love this tradition in the Church and I love the stories of St. Francis.
We walked away with a certificate and a medallion for our pooch to wear on his collar.
Have you ever participated in this? Has your animal been blessed?
Good week ahead to you!
xoxo, natty ♥

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think you prob know this already, but I love, love, love everything about this post. Wish is peeved we didn't bring him to the blessing in Minneapolis!

Post a Comment