Friday, September 28, 2012

Onions.

We had our work retreat today; it was SO weird going on a work retreat that wasn't at my old job. Our retreats at the school I taught at always occurred the day before our back-to-school meetings. I loved this ritual of beginning the busy school year with a day of reacquainting and fellowship.
I missed my old coworkers and friends but thoroughly enjoyed today's experience.
It was at a living farm and involved an experiential component meant to be like a day of a slave on an 1800s plantation. It's a really impactful and fascinating lesson as well as a super cool organization that runs the place.
We learned and gardened and shucked chicken poop {literally!} and then did some team-building activities.
Potbelly's provided lunch {delish!} and the weather held out; a lovely day! The only drawback was the profound amount of STINKBUGS gracing us with their buzzing, crawling, and prolific presence. We don't see these guys too often in the Bay Area so I had a learning experience!
I titled this post as I did because the farm's garden has produced award winning onions!
There were other vegetables but the knobs were prominently displayed and looked as pretty as onions can.
Happy weekend to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment