Sunday, September 23, 2012

Deer in the city!

September brings beauty to Washington DC. Yesterday it heated up again but today was back to breezy, warm, cool breezes, and bright sunshine. I ventured into Rock Creek Park during my run this morning. This is a beautiful creek {obvi} and trails that run through the middle of the city. I am a nervous sort and don't often explore trails like this when I'm on my own but it was a normal hour {9-ish} on a weekend and, as I deduced, there were beaucoup pedestrians so I felt comfortable.
I trundled along and enjoyed Radiolab and people watching while I got in my miles. And then I saw a deer.
In the middle of Washington DC? I'm new here so I don't know if this is normal; I'm guessing it is? Otherwise people around me would have been freaking out too but as it was, only I stood there mouth agog at this pastoral creature hanging out in an underpass on an urban creek trail.
I obviously didn't get in a picture, I didn't want to scare the guy!
This blurry visage, however, is representative of my excursion this morning. Pretty {when it's in focus}!

Did you have a lovely weekend? Becs, I ADORE that painting.
May your Monday bring you peace and joy!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment