Sunday, September 2, 2012

Quite a day!

Though it's late for dinner right now {it's European!}, I'm anxiously awaiting some spinach/Oaxacan cheese {procured on yesterday's sojourn} enchiladas from the oven. I'm also drying off a bit because I got stuck in this :
...we don't get downpours like this in San Jose. Nor do we walk or take the bus very often.

Lessons learned.

After mass this morning I puttered around our neighborhood and ran a few errands until it was time to take the bus downtown. I had wanted to stop at the main library to look up a few tomes before going to wait in line for Sleep Walk With Me. 
I knew there would be a line because one of the producers would be answering questions from the audience after the show. Not just any producer, I suppose, since it was Ira Glass. 
If you're not familiar with This American Life {the NPR radio show} then his name won't ring a bell and you might not be too interested but I certainly was!
I had never seen a picture of him {or the real-life-him} before the show {I try not to look up what radio personalities actually look like, it ruins the mystique for me} so I was pretty rapt not only because of what he had to say {interesting!} but mostly by my reconciling his looks with the voice I've known for several years now {and several hundred miles since it's the radio show I listen to the most as I log my miles}.

In other news, Mikey and his brother are in Philadelphia {how weird for us west-coasters that this is now a day trip!} to see a Pearl Jam concert so it's just Guinness and I enjoying enchiladas and the rain {from inside}. As an aside, I crumbled some of this

on top of these puppies. Is there anything more delicious that a thick slice of this cheese at the bottom of a mug of Colombian hot chocolate? No, I didn't think so.

Oh. Another thing. Today is our official 365 day wedding anniversary {it was a leap year!}. Tomorrow is our real anniversary {date/HEART-wise}. 
I'm so excited and happy and all sorts of good things. I love this man SO MUCH. I'll be back with our paper gift reveal and other ruminations soon enough I'm sure.
Love to you all.
xoxo, natty ♥

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I would've loved to attend this event with you!!

Nathalia said...

It was up there with the hummingbirds as far as things you and I love to do!

Post a Comment