Friday, July 27, 2012

Jazzy jazz.

After some more unpacking and internet setting up, we ventured out and listened to some jazz. The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden has free jazz on Fridays in the warmer months. We walked over and then took a long route back through the National Mall so that we could enjoy a bit of our new home.
The jazz had a Latin beat to it and the people watching was excellent. We scored a bench and enjoyed some of the sangria for sale.
Then we walked around the garden a bit. 
There's a big round pool/fountain beyond those ladies. People sit all around it and let their feeties hang down in the water.
There are a lot of great pieces of work and I imagine I'll be checking out the grounds and taking actual pictures of the sculptures as we continue our tenure here.
This is a giant spider.
Walking along the mall after the concert I snapped some pictures of these signs.
They're in the plants that are around some of the Smithsonian museums. I, as some may know, majorly ♥ museums.
Especially when they're free.
AND when they provide education as one walks past them.
Did I mention that we live here now?
There were some other nice views.
I enjoyed it all and loved that I actually fit in as I took random pictures considering all the tourists doing the same thing.
I have some fun things on the agenda for this weekend; time with friends, perhaps the Eastern Market Farmer's and Flea Market, more unpacking {fun?}, and even an afternoon tea!
Happy Friday to you and I imagine I'll try to get back to my usual Monday {five good things} and Wednesday {no words} posts next week considering that we're no longer en route.
xoxo, natty ♥

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am loving every update about your new city. More, please! I can't believe you live there now!

Nathalia said...

Come and visit this place! Bring Josh and Wish.

Post a Comment