Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Portland.

Phase 1.5 and day 3; Portland, Oregon.
This morning we {quietly} packed up our campground and headed out; all before seven AM.
We were there!
The redwoods loomed large in the morning fog and I soon passed out as I am wont to do when a passenger in the car. 
Redwood stumps.
I woke up to one of the most beautiful scenes I've seen in a car, surrounded by tall pine trees, steep hills, and rugged rocks. I was glad to realize we hadn't yet left California and an hour later we officially left the state, waved adiós, and cruised into Oregon.
It was a long but gorgeous drive. Pulling in this afternoon felt Glorious. We're staying at a super funky downtown Portland hotel. 
Portland is a dog-loving city.
After a bit of a walk and dinner, the hotel bed and TV won over and we're enjoying our time out of the car.
Still coughing but loving Oregon.
Tomorrow we'll head up to Home, Washington, which is Phase 2 of our amazing journey. 
After eight hours in the car today I can't imagine the many more we have between us and DC but over a week in the Puget Sound area I'm sure we'll be recharged and ready to go!
xoxo, natty ♥

2 comments:

Mark said...

Does Michael ever wear a different shirt?

mel in el said...

I don't actually...will people in DC notice?

Post a Comment