Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mystery.

I got my first camera during the mid 1990s, somewhere between ages 11 and 13. The next decade-plus was spent taking a few decent shots but my results were mainly of ho-hum scenery {I would even forget where I had actually taken the picture}, everyday friend get-togethers, and my cat.
I like to think I've evolved a bit but we can all admit that I haven't come very far for I still take many pictures of animals but I like to think that now they're at least kind of ironic.
During that aforementioned period of time I had a few of my own real cameras though I never had to load film, they had these film canisters that only needed to be dropped into the camera and then popped out when ready to develop. I also relied heavily on disposable cameras - I LOVED those things. Opening the foil pouch a disposable camera comes in {yes, they do still sell them!} and getting a whiff of that singular smell {does anything else match it, that smell of camera film? I think not.} got me so excited for what I could capture {my cat}.
 In 2002 I got my first digital camera and since then I've only a hand full of times printed out my pictures. It's kind of a weird exchange, better quality {ideally} pictures, thanks to being able to do re-shots thanks to digital magic, replacing printed out glossy sets of 24.
Anyway, I was unpacking some boxes a few days ago and out came these guys.
I can't possibly fathom what would be on these cameras. Occasionally we use them at school but there's no reason that I should have them in my personal possession OR pay Fedex to ship them to me in DC. The kicker is that there are still some shots left on both of them!
I stashed them in my new craft receptacle {coffee table-trunk} and plan on getting them developed eventually. How could I not? At least I can guarantee a few shots of the dog.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment