Sunday, July 8, 2012

Zoo date.

Today my dad and I went on one last zoo visit before Mike and I leave. We went here all the time when I was growing up and to this day I still love the San Francisco Zoo. We walked around the whole zoo and noted the changes that it's seen over the past 20 plus years {there I go, aging myself}.
I don't often try to take pictures at zoos or museums, better to let the professionals do what I would only butcher. Though I do want to remember the our trips and experiences so I do take pictures and they're usually limited to some snapshots of us and maybe the local flora. 
Pink Passion Flower?
I did end up taking a few animal shots at the San Diego Zoo earlier this week {yes, I totally went to two zoos in one week} but those were entirely necessary because they involved hippos playing in water and warty pigs up close and personal. And I'll be doing a post about that soon.
Today, though, I was challenged in my try-not-to-take-amateur/far away-animal pictures. I was challenged by this girl.
She's over 30 years old! And she loves her vegetables. I was also drawn to her because no one was visiting with her and her docent and I felt bad about that. Once we walked up more people came around and I felt like I had done a good deed. Her young docent also explained that these guys are vulnerable in the wild because when people stumble across them they often put them on their backs because they think it's funny. But then they can't get up and their lungs are in the top of the shell and being upside down causes everything else to crush the lungs and that's a no longer living turtle on your hands.
Sorry about the Debbie Downer turtle rant.
Moving on.
Then we rode the merry go round. 
I chose the cat and they're my favorites because their tales stick straight up and they look really perky and proud holding a treat in their mouths.
We had Korean food afterwards and I promptly fell asleep in the car on the way home - some things never change.
It was a great second to last day in the Bay Area; thanks Dad!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment