Friday, January 18, 2013

Amaryllis by morning...

amaryllis on my mind.
Not a George Strait fan?
Well, you should be.

Moving on from the Country Western Music part of me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last year I wrote about how I love the Amaryllis.

And I still love it! No big surprise there.

At the beginning of December I was walking around Whole Foods {which I avoid like the plague because I always end up buying Stuff I Don't Need But That Looks Necessary but it is the closest grocery store within walking distance; womp womp} and I grabbed the cheaper of their Amaryllis options {take THAT man!}.

Then I got home and realized that I had to re-hydrate the soil, plant the bulb, and wait six to ten weeks {!}.

I was getting ready to go home to California/Arizona for three-plus weeks, though, so it didn't happen until yesterday.

The little compressed disc of soil was this size before.
And then it was filling a big mixing bowl.
And growing.
Mmmmm.
I had this flashback to an episode of "My Strange Addiction" where a woman is addicted to eating dirt. She'd go and buy bags of potting soil and pull the open bag up next to her as she'd watch TV {like a bag of chips} {gaggggggg}. 
Having a bowlful of dirt really grossed me out but I had no other vessel in which to do this because I needed the pot empty to begin with. And you can bet that thing went straight into the dishwasher after it served its purpose.
Then I buried the bulb and began the waiting process.
Please check back in six to ten weeks to hopefully find this.
Are you enjoying some indoor bulbs this winter Reader?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment