Saturday, January 5, 2013

Even though...

Even though I've been waxing semi-poetic about this stuff all week {just about}, I'm still thinking about what I really enjoyed in 2012 and what I'm really looking forward to in 2013. I did a full Year in Review for 2012 but I tried to cover the big things that happened and there were so many little things {and a few big ones} that were/are really important to me so I'd like to get them written down.

I've also been thinking about what I'm excited for in 2013. This isn't resolution/goal/"101 in 1,001" territory, rather just selfish "I'm really looking forward to this" type of stuff.

2012
 
1. Wrapped up six years of teaching at my high school alma mater. This was Big for me because, well, it was Big.
2. Planned a cross-country move.
3. Moved across the country.
4. Set up a home in Washington DC.
5. Registered our car {after having it towed once} and got my driver's license in Washington DC.
6. I got a job not-teaching.
7. I decided that I'd have rathered that job be teaching.
8. I visited a few new states, even if we were only driving through.
9. I learned about hummingbirds with my mother-in-law and Rebecca.
10. This goes back to #3 but I need to return to it because it crosses my mind about once a week that what we did wasn't easy nor was it conventional {at least for us}. A move like this, on a budget, doing most of it ourselves {did you SEE our packed car?}...Michael did most all of the planning and he did so beautifully - I am forever grateful that our move went so smoothly with his foresight {except for North Dakota}. I am also, still, very proud of us for making this big and challenging change.   

2013

1. Returning to DC {we're still visiting family and loving it} and getting a job that I like. Hopefully one that gets me closer to being in a classroom again.
2. Doing more exciting things as a couple.
3. Seeing my dear friend Rebecca get married.
4. Experiencing our new home {Washington, DC, in case I haven't mentioned it} for an entire calendar year {and then some}.
5. Making our apartment more homey.
6. Going to Jazz in the Sculpture Garden when it starts up again.
7. Training for a marathon.
8. Getting a Christmas tree! This is obviously something that I missed out on Big Time in 2012 so I'm planning early.
9. Continuing to cook new and exciting dishes and getting really good at cooking just plain old regular {still exciting to me!} meals. I've been loving my time in the kitchen and I am seriously excited about maintaining this trend.
10. Life! It's wonderful! I'd like to embrace it and love it and live it well.

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment