Monday, January 14, 2013

La la la.

Before I get into anything about what life is like here today/this week, I need to react to Rebecca's blog post about dog smiles. Maybe she gets a lot of those. I'll have to enjoy from afar because this seems to be the best old Guinness can muster up for us.
But he still acts really excited each time I get home so that means he likes that I feed him me, right?

To me it feels like there's not much going on presently, being home and doing some job searching and whatnot, though there actually is so.much.to.do...but it's good. There are some suitcases languishing and a ton of laundry yelling out for attention and the dog keeps walking around the apartment, stopping, looking at something, and then repeating the process { I think he's still weirded-out from being abandoned for three weeks} but I'm still really glad and let's think about why...

1} Again, we had fabulous quality time with both families over the holidays. Not everyone can pull off this feat but we did and for that, we're grateful.

2} We're back home; our time with family was WONDERFUL but there's something about being in our own bed and getting back to a routine.

3} This is one that will make an appearance each week I'm sure; the days are getting longer! The days are getting longer!

4} I get to be witness to my first Inauguration this week. We're not going to any actual events or sitting in any bleachers, which is good knowing me and my antsyness about being confined/in large crowds/around extreme noise, but we're going to lurk/creep around and see as much as we can see.

5} In celebration of the Inauguration {at least I'm guessing so?}, Costco is selling solid chocolate {in dark [for the health-minded], milk, and white varieties} Pentagons and Capital Buildings {did they run out of White Houses?}.
We didn't snatch one up {not in budget}.
But I kind of wish we had.

What's going on in your neck of the woods this week reader? Is it fog-ville where you are {it IS here!}? Snowing? Unseasonably warm? How do you feel about this upcoming weekend's match-ups? I'm a bit bummed about the Packers because I just like them and though I'm a Bay Area girl and I secretly like Jim Harbaugh and I legitimately like the 49ers, I really don't like their new quarterback. But we're also a Patriot's household so all in all we're feeling excited.

Good week to YOU!
xoxo, natty ♥

2 comments:

E. Strand said...

uh oh - my suitcase is languishing! good point. XOXO

Nathalia said...

They're such lazy creatures, those suitcases!

Post a Comment