Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oh to have a garden!

I love the New Year. Even though it's chilly and the days are short, it just feels SO good to get back to normal life and routines after the hullabaloo of the holidays. Getting things de-cluttered and a bit more organized is one of my favorite things to do and in that vein I'm looking forward to getting our apartment clean and in order in the next few days.

Something else I think about, even though we live in an apartment, is what I would like to plant this spring. I know that it's really and truly hard {and sore-muscle-inducing!} work but also that it's rewarding to have a few rows of vegetables to brighten my day and the idea of our very own garden gets more and more ideal to me each year.

I think my garden style would be fairly clean-cut and organized {think: rows of vegetables that have labels [♥!] in a dedicated corner of the yard} but I saw something this past fall that I would love to add to any yard we might have.
A tree face! A dash of whimsy! That and a few hummingbird feeders, bird baths, and an owl box {if any ever decide to come to our place}. I think it'd also be nice to have another little corner where I can let some plants run wild and that's where I'd like to put a butterfly garden, one that has blooms and blossoms that attract those winged creatures.

Do you have any garden dreams Reader? I know some of you HAVE your own; are you plotting {no pun intended} your spring plantings already?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment