Sunday, February 17, 2013

101 in 1,001 January 2013 Update {FINALLY!}.

More than midway through February, here's a January 2013 update for  posterity's sake...life got a little hectic {new job} but I was at least thinking about all this.
Background reading:
 
You can read about what this is all about HERE.
HERE'S last month's post {the first monthly post}.
You can check out my Google document HERE, which I'll try to update a bit more than once a month.
Goals complete: 1/101
Goals in progress: 9/101

In the past month...

I accomplished:

#88 Subscribe to a magazine...this one was unanticipated! I actually got a subscription as a gift but I'll count it!

Things begun/in progress {an "*" implies a regular monthly/weekly goal}:  

#38 Read four books a year...this one was unanticipated! I read "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian" by Sherman Alexie. I'll be putting a little bit of a review up here I believe.
#61 * Call my grandmother once a week.
#63 * Talk to my parents once a week.
#64 * Go to mass or another spiritual/meditative event twice a month.
#69 * Call a friend once a week.
#73 * Go on a date with my husband once a month...I cannot remember exactly where but it happened.

#77 Celebrate my birthday and continue our birthday traditions 
#81 * Send a handwritten note to someone once a month...I sent early Valentine's in January and that counts!
#82 See four movies in the theaters each year...this one was unanticipated! We saw "Zero Dark Thirty".
#95 Walk Guinness once a week.



Things that did not happen that I had hoped to accomplish:

#29 * Back up my computer once a month. 
#24 Cancel our cable TV.
#36 Quit Facebook.
#41 Update this list each month...uh-oh.
#87 Try dramatic eye-make-up for a night {maybe my birthday?!}

In the next month I'd like to begin/accomplish {apart from regular monthly/weekly}:

#24 Cancel our cable TV.
#36 Quit Facebook.


I'm keeping it pretty simple for February, especially considering it has only 11 more days left. I think that #24 might be difficult what with March Madness coming up and Mad Men beginning in April.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment