Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Biscuits for baby.

Baby dog that is. 

And he isn't even a baby anymore.

For Christmas this year my sweet cousin gave me a bag of home-made dog biscuit mix. She's in the eighth grade and I loved this gift so much, probably more than Guinness.
Ready for the oven!

I had meant to put these things together since we got home but kept putting it off. It was only the dry ingredients that she gave me so all I had to do was add in the good stuff {cheese, butter, an egg}, knead, cut, and bake.

They're in the oven right now and I hate to admit it but they smell sooooooo good. It makes me want to bake some cheesy bread/crackery stuff.

Actually, I am attempting bread tonight. It's in the microwave trying to rise. The soup planned out on Sunday got scrapped for tuna melts but we have no bread in the house. Since it's one of the nastiest days we've ever had, weather-wise { steady and heavy rain, in the low 40s, very windy}, I thought the idea of baking bread seemed warmer and nicer than walking to the store. 

But it didn't rise in it's first go round - did I knead it too much? It's gonna go in the oven no matter what but we may end up with something very dense for tuna melts.

Oh well. At least our apartment smells nice.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment