Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Le Menu.

As glorious and decadent as it would be for us, I don't think we'll ever again have the privilege of eating/carrying out for dinner several nights a week. There was a time {when we were living with family} that we rocked that lifestyle but, then again, we were living with family.

With that in mind, I actually really enjoy cooking. Yes, there are nights where I dread the daunting task of taking care of dishes {because it's a necessity to have an empty sink and dishwasher before one can begin any food preparation} and I don't relish putting away left-overs but on a whole, I really love my little kitchen and the things that come out of it.

I've seen other bloggers do the weekly menu thing and I think I might take a stab at it, though I'll spare you pictures. I've been trying to keep a hand-written weekly menu to help with grocery shopping but I kind of like the idea of having them here {and sorted by electronic label} so that I can go back and recreate something delicious.

Without further ado, this week:

Sunday: hhhhmmm...I can't remember! Oh yes, veggie stir fry and rice. We didn't use any special sauce or anything, just S&P, a drop of sesame oil, and soy sauce. Future amendment: add a protein - this dish was all carbs and veggies.

Monday: lentil soup in the crockpot; I used Trader Joe's ready-made lentils {which are great} and threw in some left over cooked greens, carrots, and mushrooms. It's a broth based soup. To start it, though, I sauteed some onions and garlic in a regular pan and threw in a generous teaspoon of cumin to toast at the end, then I transferred it all to the slow cooker. Salad and steamed artichokes on the side.

Tuesday: Mikey made mushroom melts using the peppers that they sell at Potbelly's sandwiches. And steamed baby bok choy.

Wednesday: I heard about butternut squash minestrone somewhere and I have designs on attempting this soup for Wednesday.

Thursday: Leftovers, hopefully, because I have an evening meeting and would like to eat before I go.

Friday: Date night! At a real live restaurant.

Saturday: This is kind of another date night. We're going to an event for the school I'm working at. Dinner may or may not be involved. If not, probably we'll do something easy-sloppy like boxed mac & cheese {at least it's Annie's!}.

Do you compile a weekly menu Reader? Is it helpful? Something to look back at?
 
And to finish off this post, last night I watched Season 1 Episode 2 of Downton Abbey and I'm hooked.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment