Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things I saw on my run today.

An alternate title could be "What happens when I got bored while running too many miles by myself.". I took a few pictures before deciding to stop looking cuu-cuu and start running without increasing my risk of tripping over my own feet because I'm staring around and trying to take pictures. 
I started with some cat shots. Yes, I look for kitties while I run. It keeps me occupied and I think that cats look so ridiculous just sitting wherever they are. Or annoyed. Or scared. Or knowledgeable. Or furry. Or fluffy.
Photobucket
It only looks like she's running away.
Photobucket   Photobucket
Then I was excited to see these pumpkins. I had actually seen a house with huge pumpkins growing in their front yard garden but the occupants were arriving home as I ran by and I didn't want to look too foolish {get it? Compared to how ridiculous I looked when stalking cats down strange driveways, pumpkin admiring seems totally normal; ha!}.
Photobucket

I saw this little hound stretched along his windowsill. He reminded me of my own long dog at home. When I got close, though, he got annoyed and started barking furiously at me. I was already running away by that point though.
Photobucket

I also run past a dance/costume shop some days, today being one of them. Their store-front decorations are always kind of...off. Not only are they just weird but often are super ratty; this dirty mannequins wearing bikinis that are falling off - not on purpose. Today was no disappointment. Chewbaca was out front luring in potential customers.
Photobucket
My miles felt great today. After several days of slumming I'm glad to be out and about and hope that I don't fall off the running wagon too badly again any time soon.Tomorrow is the Powder Puff game at school in the afternoon. It's, ahem, non-traditional since we're a non-traditional school. The coaches are teachers and the whole event is a fundraiser for our sister school in El Salvador. The girlies play flag football and people cheer and have fun. It's pretty cool.
Saturday we have another 20 miler in store. I write that down here and now to hold us accountable; if we were to beg out and I were to not mention the miles at all this weekend then I would feel pretty silly so this is my safety plan.
Our Halloween plans are pretty low-key. My aunt's neighborhood always has a parade so we'll go and take the dogs and walk and enjoy snacks at the end. Then we're setting out a fire-pit in our driveway and sitting out to pass out candy. When the candy-seekers ring the doorbell the puppies go just ape*&^% so hopefully this new scheme will prevent that. Are y'all more exciting that we are in your All Hallow's Eve plans? I should certainly hope so!
And to end, I just saw a commercial for something that kind disgusts me. I love to eat, as I'm sure I've mentioned, and I'm open to all sorts of edibles but preserved meats really gross me out. I'm talking about those nasty summer sausages that are sold at gas stations. But this stuff, a product I was never aware of, now joins those road trip nitrate sticks. Granted, I'm watching Jeopardy {again, not the heppest cat on the block = me} and I know that the commercials reflect the target demographic, thus placing me with those who actually eat and presumably enjoy "Steak-umm"s...I still think they look niz-ast-ay. Check them out here: gross. I don't want to get in trouble for slander or anything here...maybe it's good? They are touted as "America's Favorite Sliced Steak".
Anyway, off to dinner {not Steak-umms}!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment