Sunday, October 30, 2011

Yesterday.

As I mentioned in last night's post, yesterday was a most beautiful day in the big city. When we first got off of 280 I snapped a picture of the Bay Bridge. 
Photobucket
The city has two bridges, the Golden Gate and the lesser known Bay Bridge. The latter looks more like a normal span {it's not painted a beautiful rusty orange, for one} and is very much so a commuter route. The former is gorgeous and still used daily by commuters but is also a tourist attraction. One can actually walk the span of the bridge {over a mile but less than two} and there's a gift shop and yadda yadda yadda. 
Anyway, behold, the red headed step child of the two San Francisco bridges.
I also surreptitiously took some from-the-car pictures of the SF occupiers.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

When we got to our parking spot right by the entrance to the bay this was the sight that greeted us.
Photobucket
Hardly any wind; that never happens folks!

Alcatraz was looking ominous in the distance.
Photobucket
"The Rock".
We geared up which includes this oh-so-haute running belt. 
Photobucket

The labels are explained as follows: 
1 - for Gatorade at the half way point then to be filled with water at drinking fountains. 
2 - pouch for the car key, chapstick and the Gu {I try to have one every five miles or so when it's a long run...they are kind  of gross [think pudding in the middle of a workout] but they're easy and I get a bit of a boost from them; running purists I am sorry to offend you but just deal with it}. 
3 - for water to wash down the Gu with. 
This belt has definitely seen better days; it's on marathon training número dos. I love it though because it really doesn't shake too much. As long as I wear it high up on my waist. But it looks hideous on me, as referenced above by the whohigh-waisted-situation so let's not talk about this anymore.
After our miles we went to Nick's Crispy Tacos and got a post-run feast that we took to Eddie's to share. I had just run a lot and was hungry so please don't judge; here's what Mikey chose to eat compared in length to what I devoured.
Photobucket

Keep in mind that his was a burrito and mine were tacos with much less bulk.
Then we carved pumpkins. This German guy
Photobucket

was very happy to be doing so.
I went for a stencil which I had never done and Eddie went classic.
Photobucket

My face isn't normally this red but I was a bad person and forgot to wear sunblock before running all over he&% and creation yesterday.
Photobucket

As a Bad Wife I forgot to take any of Mike carving his own creation but here we are, an Angry Bird and a Halloween something {girl? fan?}. 
Photobucket

And my creation...
Photobucket
thanks to the $ spot at Target I had some rhinestones to add to it. 
Photobucket
I forgot the final lit-up pictures so I'll give them to you tomorrow in "Marvelous Monday: Halloween edition"!
Enjoy your Sunday folks!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment