Monday, November 14, 2011

Calamitous.

Well last Monday and this Monday have not set a good record for the most loathed day of the week {though I admit that Sunday is a CLOSE second here in these parts} {disclaimer: it's not that I don't like work, I do, very much so, but I just like sleeping until I no longer want to and not when my trusty little alarm tells me too...I was a dreadfully independent child in case you can't tell}. Refer to this post to see what I did last week on this day and read the following to find out what I'm doing today:
I'm feeling kind of very un-well and am in bed at home. I left work school today after teaching two classes; I almost called Mike to come get me, much like someone in the elementary school, but fretted too much about leaving a car at work {unlike someone in elementary school}. I was feeling dizzy and gross-tummied and it wasn't getting better so I threw in the towel. It must be some hang-up from skeptical family members growing up but I always feel as though I'm not even telling the truth when I say that I'm ill and cannot do something because of it. We had the vomit or blood rule going on in our house: if there wasn't one or the other {or, on super gnarly occasions, BOTH!} then school was most definitely going to happen. It's still really hard for me to justify not doing something due to illness but nausea is my one no-brainer so here at home I am.
Anyway, at the risk of giving y'all too much information, I've shared what I've shared and am now going to make my fail-safe red Gatorade/ginger ale cocktail and forgo Marvelous Monday just because I've already written enough.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment