Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Marvelous Monday; Halloween edition.

I smell so much like smoke right now! Mikey and I sat in our driveway with a fire pit and some candy to enjoy the evening festivities. The only drawback is that I smell camp-firey but that's actually a good thing if you ask me so...that's all. After school today I rushed to my aunt's neighborhood where they have a parade on this day every year. We marched and had fun then I came back home to set up our evening. My favorite costume that we saw was a transformer. Apparently there's a bee transformer. When I asked the kids what they were before giving them their candy {yes, I am that candy-giver-outer} several told me they were a "bee". I literally scoffed and said "no you're not; what are you really?". I was then greeted by a blank look and I just gave in and handed out candy. So there's a bumble bee transformer...that's all. Anyway, before I can be any squarer...what's marvelous about today.

1. My aunt and I. 
Photobucket
We can laugh through anything. 
Photobucket
And dress up in orange and black. And walk in a Halloween neighborhood parade. And dress up the dogs.
2. Our dog. 
Photobucket
He lets me dress him up as a squirrel and he just LOVES it. 
Photobucket

Not.
3. We wore capes at work today! Yea!
Photobucket
4. I kind of don't think that this is all that marvelous; la navidad has descended upon us. This was taken YESTERDAY in our neighborhood...that would be a Christmas tree in the window of this home which has plentiful and spooky HALLOWEEN decorations adorning the front lawn; WHAT???? 
Photobucket

This point brings me to number 5...
5. This was the scene, the predominant scene, in Michael's today.
Photobucket

What has our culture/society arrived at, exactly? I'd maybe not like to know. I think I'm just frustrated that I'm not yet ready for this season but that the stores are telling me that it is time for it.
xoxo, natty ♥
PS
I realize that this is kind of a Debbie Downer marvelous post but I am totally shocked and awed by this onslaught of what I seem to be overly commercialized media influences {which is probably not expressing very well exactly what I'm feeling...sorry}. Especially in this supposed/threatened double dip biz-nass. It's not like I'm immune to "celebrating" and partaking of the retail and holiday fun there is to be had out there {please refer to #2 above} but, seriously y'all...this is officially as political as I'd like to ever get on this blog. Over and out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment