Thursday, November 10, 2011

Innocence.

We are super blessed to live in a great neighborhood. The people are friendly {heck, they let us have our wedding reception in their street!} and it's safe; a great combination. My best friend growing up lived across the street and several of my cousins have friends on the street; it's a good place to be. 
My grade school cousin's friend lives on the street currently and the pair LOVES to play outside. I really appreciate this little guy - he and my cousin get along well and he's always hanging out over at our place too, just like more family. The garden and the driveway get a lot of visiting from these two as they play army men or aim at each other with Nerf guns. It actually relaxes me to see them play because, as technologically dependent as I am, I am a big advocate of actual and physical play, ideally with another person. I don't think that anything with a screen is a decent replacement for human interaction. Being outside makes this combination even better and enriching and these two scalawags are always up to something on the street. 
And our front porch, apparently. We had up a cheap Halloween decoration. It was a sign that read "Boo!" and it was made out of foam, covered in orange paint and then plastered in pumpkin-colored glitter. I went to pick it up off of the porch last week, a few days after the day of costumes as well as some heavy rain and it broke in half which was fine because it cost merely a dollar {shout out to Target's dollar spot}. It left behind something of it's glitteryness so that we would not forget. 
Yesterday this was the scene:
Photobucket
and the note reads:
Photobucket

I think it was left out the night before and that the local snail population made sure to decorate the edges a bit.
Our young friend believed that the tooth fairy was behind the glitter everywhere. Little does he know, this was most definitely work of the pumpkin fairy.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment