Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The trots.

You're laughing about the title of this post, aren't you? I certainly am. The Mikester and I are all ready for the local Turkey Trot...that's the trots I'm referring to of course! 
I love this race because it gets me up on Thanksgiving and guarantees some physical exercise before the big eat-off. We've done this twice. Last year was frigid beyond belief for our fair city. This year it's slated to rain. Oh well...I'm excited anyway...picking up our packets tonight got me even more excited because of how lovely the race t-shirt is.
Check it out!
Photobucket

I could write a whole and longish post on racing schwag. Since a high school runner I've collected these things and I think that I will tuck this idea away for a future post that also includes things to do with race shirts other than physically wear them. One thing I've concluded is that long sleeved running shirts are the best. Also, the fancy wicking material stuff that they're made out of doesn't work well on me when it's a short sleeve.  I like being able to roll it up to make a faux-cut-off look.
Photobucket
That last thing I said probably didn't make sense to you...
Photobucket

I just really like long sleeves folks!
On that note, I am going to watch TV and then sleep in until whenever I want tomorrow! Or at least when the dog wants to wake up and we'll need to start cleaning the house for Thursday.
Also tomorrow, a few things I'm grateful for, photographically communicated.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment